I don’t know about you, but I still have a packet of polenta that I don’t know what to do with lying in the back of the closet. In fact, I never think of using it in my kitchen.
And then while scrolling on Pinterest, I came across this idea: replace sandwich bread with polenta. And I thought the idea was great!
I put in Camembert but you put what you want: goat cheese, Comté cheese, ewe’s tome, reblochon, mozzarella … I especially wanted to let you know about this idea of croque-polenta!
For 4 people:
- 1 camembert (or any cheese of your choice!)
- 4 slices of ham
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 250 g of polenta
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 liter of water
- Coarse salt
- 1-Bring the water to a boil with a little coarse salt and the bouillon cubes.
- 2- Pour in the polenta and mix over medium heat for 5 minutes until the preparation thickens.
- 3- Prepare a large sheet of baking paper and spread the polenta on it. Make a rectangle 5 mm thick. If your plate is not big enough, make a second plate.
- 4- Let cool at room temperature until the polenta is firm.
- 5- Cut 12 squares of the same size.
- 6- Cut into each slice of ham 2 squares of the same size.
- 7- Place on 8 squares of polenta, a piece of ham, thin slices of cheese.
- 8- Assemble them 2 by 2 then close with the poleta squares alone.
- 9- Sprinkle with a little breadcrumb and paprika.
- 10- Preheat your oven in grill mode to 220 ° C and bake for 5-7 minutes.
Related Article: Moroccan Baghrir – Thousand Hole Crepe